2. Ownership of Website
- This website is owned and operated by STB. All content displayed or made available on this website, including without limitation, all text, data, reports, charts, graphs, documentation and other information (the “Content”) is owned by, licensed to or controlled by STB and is protected by copyright, moral rights, trademark and other laws and/or international treaties for the protection of intellectual property.
- All software, including, without limitation, widgets, plug-ins and tools, and accompanying documentation made available on or from this website (collectively the ‘Software Tools’) and the source and object codes, format, directories, queries, algorithms, structure and organisation of such Software Tools are proprietary to STB and/or its suppliers. Ownership of intellectual property rights in and to the Software Tools is retained by STB and its suppliers and you only have a non-exclusive license to use the same. The use of any such Software Tools may be subject to a license granted by STB or the relevant copyright owner(s) which you are required to read and comply with.
3. Use of Website and its Content
credit the source of the Content;
ensure that no analysis or transformation of the Contents may be presented in a manner which suggests or is likely to lead to the belief that the analysis or transformation of the Content is attributed to STB;
ensure the datasets and data in the Content are accurately reproduced; and
do not use the Content in a way that suggests an association with STB or that STB endorses you or your use of the Content.
- You shall not, without the prior written consent of STB, do or permit any other party to do any of the following in respect of the Content on this website:
Use any data mining, robots or data gathering, data monitoring or data extraction methods or otherwise take any action that imposes a disproportionately large or unreasonable load on STB’s servers.
Reverse engineer any part of this website or Content.
Manipulate or otherwise display this website or any Content by using framing or similar navigational technology.
Attempt to disable, impair, or destroy this website or Content or submit, upload or transmit any content which contains any virus or other malicious, destructive or corrupting code, programme or macro.
Circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with any access or use restrictions or security features of this website or any resources, services or networks connected to or accessible through this website.
Impersonate any party or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with or authorisation by any party.
Access or attempt to access this website or Content by any means other than the interfaces or Software Tools provided or authorised by STB.
Violate or attempt to violate any applicable law, third party rights (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights, moral rights and right to privacy) or industry codes.
Take any steps, or permit others to take any steps, on the website to seek to re-identify any individuals which are the subject of any Content, or take any steps or permit others to take any steps to identify the source of such Content.
Use this website or the Content in any manner that is defamatory, untruthful, unlawful or for purposes which would bring STB or Singapore into disrepute.
4. Third-Party Sites and Web Feeds
- The links in this website may allow you to leave this website to third party sites. This website may also feature web feeds with Content from third-party sites or make available third party Software Tools for your access and use. Certain functionality or services available on this website may be provided by third party vendors. However, when you use this website, it may not always be readily apparent when that a particular item of Content or a particular functionality or a service on this website is provided by a third party.
- All third party linked sites, web feeds, Software Tools, functionality and services are not under the control of STB. STB is not responsible for them or for any changes or updates thereto and provides no warranty in relation to them. STB shall not be liable for any losses, damages, costs and expenses suffered or incurred by you from the access to, use of or reliance on any third party linked sites, web feeds, Software Tools, functionality or services, including, without limitation, any booking of services or products through third party websites or reliance on navigational and search functionalities provided by third party Software Tools. Use of and access to third party linked sites, web feeds, Software Tools, functionality and services are entirely at your own risk. STB is only providing these as a matter of convenience to the users, and is not to be implied as an endorsement of any third party or its products or services.
- Access to and use of third party linked sites, web feeds, Software Tools, functionality and services may be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by the respective third party vendors and you agree to be bound by and to comply with these terms and conditions.
- Similarly, third party web sites may also link to this website. Such links do not necessarily mean that STB is associated or affiliated with or approves of the third party or its goods and services. Your reliance on any third party statements of association or affiliation with STB or STB’s approval is at your own risk.
5. Submission of Content
- This website may allow you to submit Content to this website for access and use by others.
- If you submit any Content (including feedback) to this website, you irrevocably and unconditionally grant to STB, its successors-in-title and assigns, a non-exclusive, non-terminable, fully transferable, royalty-free license to use the Content without geographical restriction or expiry date in any and all media now in existence or which may be developed in the future for an unlimited number of times and without any expiration or end date for STB’s business purposes, including without limitation-
to develop and promote Singapore as a travel and tourist destination;
to advise the Singapore Government and other parties on matters relating to travel and tourism; and
to enhance the travel and tourism sector’s contribution to the Singapore economy.
- The term “use” in Clause 5.2 means all manner of use of Content, including, without limitation, the reproduction, display, broadcast, publication, distribution, synchronisation, modification, adaptation, editing, translation, creation of derivative works and incorporation in or with any other works.
- STB reserves the right without prior notice or liability to remove any Content you have submitted in whole or in part, to restrict the access of other users of this website to such Content, or to require you to make changes to such Content in STB’s sole and absolute discretion at any time and without assigning any reason.
- By submitting any Content to this website (including feedback), you represent and warrant that:
All of the Content are original works and have not been copied wholly or substantially from any other source.
To the best of your knowledge and belief, the Content is not defamatory, libelous or slanderous, inflammatory or threatening, obscene, indecent, pornographic or profane, fraudulent, misleading or intentionally erroneous, or in violation of any applicable law, third party rights or industry codes.
The Content is not subject to any obligation of confidence and STB may freely disclose such Content to third parties.
The Content has not been obtained in any unlawful manner, whether civil or criminal.
The Content is not spam and/or unsolicited mail.
- By submitting any Content to this website, you agree to maintain and promptly update such Content to keep such Content accurate, current and complete.
- By submitting any Content to this website, you hereby agree to be bound by STB’s data trust charter policy, stated via the following URL, here.
7. STB's Right
- STB reserves the right to suspend or cease operation of this website in whole or in part, to modify, withdraw or discontinue any functionality of this website or any Content or any Software Tool, to adjust the scope of Content or Software Tools available to you, and to deny or restrict or revoke access to this website or any Content or Software Tool, or any part thereof, to any particular person or persons, or to block access from a particular Internet address to this website at any time, at its sole and absolute discretion without prior notice and without liability to any party, without assigning any reason.
8. Governing Law
- STB provides this website, the Content and the Software Tools on an “as is, where is” and “as available” basis without warranty of any kind whatsoever. To the fullest extent permitted by law, STB hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranties of accuracy, correctness, reliability, timeliness, non-infringement, title, merchantability, quality, and fitness for any particular purpose of Content or Software Tools and any warranties that this website or the Content or Software Tools will be constantly available, uninterrupted, secure, free of viruses, worms, defects, trojan horses, malware and other malicious, destructive or corrupting code, programme or macro, free or errors or defects or that any errors or defects will be corrected. STB shall not be responsible or liable for any error, delay, or interruption in the operation or performance of this website or any Software Tools. STB does not guarantee that this website or any Content or Software Tools will operate or function on or with any electronic device(s) or operating system. Your use of this website, the Content and the Software Tools is voluntary and is wholly at your own risk.
- Any reference made in this website (including by way of hyperlinking) to any entities or individuals, or to their services or products, is not an endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof nor should it be construed as such. It is recommended that you verify any information in the Content with relevant supplier before you rely on such information.
- You acknowledge and agree that the Content may be submitted by other users of this website, which may be subject to change or removal by such users from time to time without prior notice to you. Further, STB reserves the right to remove, screen or edit Content at any time at its sole and absolute discretion without prior notice and without liability to any party and without assigning any reason. However, STB has no obligation to do so and all screening of Content by STB is done only as a courtesy to users.
- STB shall have no liability or responsibility to review or monitor the Content submitted to this website.
- STB takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any consequences of your use or submission of Content, including, without limitation, any distress caused to you or others by Content, any third party claims arising from your use or submission of Content or any loss of Content removed by STB from this website. You are advised to retain your own copies of all Content you submit to this website.
10. STB's Personal Data Protection Policy
- STB’s personal data protection policy shall apply to all services, technology and applications available on this website. By using and accessing the services, technology and applications, you hereby agree to be bound by STB’s personal data protection policy, stated via the following URL, here.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE: “Copyright © 2020 Singapore Tourism Board [and/or its suppliers], Tourism Court, 1 Orchard Spring Lane, Singapore 247729. All rights reserved.”